Diplomas for English Division Graduates
52 graduates of the Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry received their graduate diplomas. The ceremony attracted families and friends of the graduates who arrived in Lodz from far and wide e.g. Saudi Arabia, Lebanon, Norway, Ireland, Canada, China, Nigeria, Palestine, Panama, Sweden, USA, India or Ukraine.
The representatives of MUL authorities who honoured the ceremony with their presence included:
- Vice-Rector for Research and International Relations – prof. Lucyna Woźniak
- Dean of The Faculty of Medicine– prof. Marzenna Zielińska
- Dean of The Military Medical Faculty– prof. Jurek Olszewski
- Representative of Rector for International Exchange and Vice-Dean for Teaching at the Faculty of Medicine– prof. Jacek Rożniecki
- Vice-Dean for Education Development of the Division of Dentistry at the Faculty of Medicine– prof. Jerzy Sokołowski
- Vice-Dean for Study Programme and Evaluation of the Faculty of Medicine – prof. Hanna Ławnicka
- Vice-Dean for Study Programme and Evaluation of the Division of Dentistry, Faculty of Medicine prof. Joanna Szczepańska
- Vice-Dean for Teaching of the Division of Dentistry at the Faculty of Medicine – prof. Monika Łukomska-Szymańska
- Vice-Dean for the Division of Nursing and Midwifery at the Faculty of Health Sciences – prof. Ewa Borowiak
- Representative of the Dean of the Faculty of Medicine for Education Development – prof. Anna Korycka-Wołowiec
- Representative of the Dean of the Faculty of Pharmacy for Promotion and Internationalisation – prof. Justyn Ochocki
- Representative of the Dean of the Faculty of Medicine for Studies in English – prof. Sebastian Kłosek.
The ceremony was also attended by Krzysztof Kaczka MD, representing prof. Lech Pomorski – Dean of the Faculty of Biomedical Studies and Postgraduate Training, and guests from Serbian University in Novi Sad:
- Branislav Bajkin – Vice-Dean for Postgraduate Studies
- Dubravka Klajić – Head of the Office of Studies in English
The ceremony was held in Didactic Centre of the Medical University of Lodz on 14th June and was opened with the speeches by MUL representatives and the congratulation letter from Hanna Zdanowska, The President of Lodz.
Next, the graduates took the Hippocratic Oath and collected their diplomas. MUL rewarded the best students:
- Palak Satija, Canada –4-year course
- Andriy Sopilnyak, Ukraine –6-year course
- Luma Saeed, Sweden – dentistry course
Merit Kirolos, the President of MUL English Division Student Government presented the awards for the remarkable contribution for the government activity for the following students:
- Vinayak Pradeep, Canada –6-year course
- Patrick Elnazir, Ireland – 6-year course
- Joel John, Ireland – 6-year course
Outstanding contribution for academic community was also rewarded:
- Hussain Aljishi, Saudi Arabia – 6-year course
- Muntathir Alrashed, Saudi Arabia – dentistry course
- Ibrahim Akoum, France – 4-year course
By tradition, the graduates also awarded the best academic teachers and awards went to:
- Dr Marzena Mielczarek from the Department of Otolaryngology, Laryngological Oncology Audiology and Phoniatry
- Dr Katarzyna Serejko from the Clinic of Internal Medicine, Diabetology and Clinical
- Dr Patrycja Pietrzak from the Department of Orthodontics
A motivational and thought-provoking speech was also given by the graduate of 2012 and this year’s graduate’s brother, Pan Dr Vishnu Pradeep, who encouraged his younger friends to professional and personal development.
The official part of the ceremony was complemented with a performance by the university’s choir and ‘Gaudeamus igitur’ sung together by all the participants.